How to get going on keeping yourself safe...
Probably the single most important person I have met in the self-defense space is Clay Martin.
His two books (Concrete Jungle and Prairie Fire) are basically my bibles. I found him, reached out to him and ten minutes into talking to I knew–this was my primary guy.
I hired him as a consultant to go through my entire defensive strategy with me:
- What gear to buy and not buy
- How to set up my gear and train with it
- Where I should live
- How to ensure I can get back there from wherever I am
- Building the community around me
- Setting up the defense at my ranch.
I can’t even begin to tell you how much he has taught me and helped. In this two part interview, he will help you understand:
- What self-defense gear you need.
- Why buying a gun is NOT the first, or even the second thing to do.
- What the first thing you should do, today, to start your self-defense journey.
- Whats the second thing you should do.
- What gun you should buy.
- The most important thing to do BEFORE you buy your first gun.
- When you should buy a rifle.
- What brands of gun to buy–and not buy.
- Why military people don’t always do the best job teaching civilians the basics of usable self-defense.
- Why the first step of gun safety is not using learning to use a gun, but something else.
- Why Airsoft guns should be part of your plan.
- What ammo to buy–and not buy.
- What holster to buy–and not buy.
- What you must have with your rifle, and what is optional.
In part two...
Clay and I continue our conversation.
To learn more about Clay, go to his site, Clay Martin Defense.
Also, Clays two non-fiction books are hugely influential on me:
Concrete Jungle: A Green Berets Guide to Urban Survival